Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Debbie Bliss Rialto 4 ply.

Last week we welcomed two new colors of a yarn we've had for a few years now, Debbie Bliss Rialto 4 ply. As with the rest of the Debbie Bliss yarns, Rialto 4 ply comes in a beautiful range of solid colors, and they're designed to look wonderful together. The more colors, the merrier.


Rialto 4 ply is the fingering-weight answer to Rialto Aran and Rialto DK, all springy 100% superwash merino yarns with excellent stitch definition. Debbie Bliss has great pattern support for all three, of course, but I've had great fun using Rialto 4 ply in my own design experiments. I've knit three pairs of socks with this yarn, and one crazy sweater. I've shared the socks here before, so now it's the sweater's turn.


Which is just to say, having spent a sweater's worth of time with this yarn, I feel I'm intimately familiar with it. It's wonderful for fair-isle knitting, though not in the classic sense; it's a smooth, superwash yarn, so you probably wouldn't want to steek it. Still, the true solids are just right for crisp colorwork patterns.


And now there are two more colors to choose from. The more, the merrier.

1 comment:

  1. I love this yarn. I made the Paul Smith cardigan (free pattern from Harper's Bazaar UK) and it's going to be a favorite. Next up: the fairisle in the new Debbie Bliss magazine. Mine will be done in a discontinued maroon and cream instead of black and white.
    Joanne
    http://rhythmoftheneedles.com
    Ravelry: JConklin

    ps....just discovered your site - I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete